- Job area
- Research & Development
- Shanghai, China
- Contract type
- Fix term contract
- 3 to 5 years
1/ Carry out the sensory evaluation.
– Proactive to understand/evaluate systems, methods and tools to improve product and panelist evaluations. Provide trainings if needed.
– Prepare Samples using good overall lab practices and document each step and ensure testing area clean after each set of samples. Set up evaluation room for testing, which includes delivery and pickup of individual samples, basic daily clean-up, overall general knowledge and expected behaviour.
– Form evaluation report and a series summary/conclusion including mapping afterwards
– Create and maintain reporting procedures for communicating sensory results
2/ To animate the sensory activity
– To promote the test activity and to guarantee the number of participation by attracting and retaining the panelist, through proper communication, non-financial incentives, training and report.
– Working with the baking technicians to guarantee the consistency and neutrality of the evaluated products.
3/ To manage the sensory resources and keep well organize of sensory lab, include the finished products, the ingredients to create the references, the room and the equipment (including the booth and the tablets), the training material (PPT), the evaluation input system, the software (Fizz) to produce the mapping (XLSTAT), the protocols to assess each products including the descriptors well defined in two languages.
4/ Collaborate with other Teams in TC and Sales / Marketing on relevant project development. Support Sales / Marketing to develop and deliver sensory tasting session or training.
5/ Support global sensory team for designated project/program launching or implement to local per requested.
6/ To provide general training on sensory if needed to improve the basic sensory knowledge level of employees.
7/ Other tasks assigned by line manager.
– Bachelor degree and above in Food Science and Technology, Statistic or relevant major.
– 3~5 years similar working experience in a sensory role in multi-international company
– Have the knowledge and expertise in both Sensory and Consumer methods.
– Ability to organize collection of data, analyze information and capture conclusions.
– Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver accurate outcomes.
– Excellent communication and coordination skill, good at planning and analyzing
– Ability to multitask, be logical, be result and efficiency oriented
– Good at communication
– Ownership and team spirit
– Fluent English in writing and speaking
With more than 160 years of expertise, Biospringer is the global producer of natural flavor bases and flavor building blocks.
This Lesaffre business unit bring to food producers the most comprehensive yeast derived product range with yeast extracts, dried food yeasts, autolyzed yeasts, natural flavors and more.