- Job area
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
Within the substrates and derivatives product department, and directly attached to the director of the department, you will be in charge of a part of substrates purchases for some European plants.
As our Substrate Buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Negotiate contractual terms of substrates for dedicated subsidiaries or requested area in Europe, according to the purchase strategy
- Built a strong partnership with suppliers: industrials and traders
- Follow in detail contract execution in close contact with the plants, manage the risk all along the chain
- Enforce group good practise and participate to develop sustainable approach
- Ensure the adequacy between plant needs and purchase portfolio
To succeed, you will have to:
- Understand the full flow of products from the origin to destination
- Participate to analyse and share market info, Supply chain knowledge
- Built a strong network to develop a real knowledge of substrates markets and built a strong relation with each concerned plant.
- Share with subsidiaries purchase book and prepare reports
- Being comfortable with non-listed markets.
- A Master’s degree from an Agro-engineering school or from a Business School.
- A Background and a proven work experience of several years as Buyer regarding agricultural commodities or agro-industrial raw material.
- Fluent in English & French.
- Use to work with short term delay.
- Good communication with skills regarding Negotiation / Networking / Contractual terms, …
- You will have to travel to our plant sites (30% of your time) to be as close as possible to their needs.
You are :
- Agile and collaborative.
- Result oriented with an entrepreneurship mindset, reactivity & anticipation
- Able to manage relationship (with suppliers, internal stakeholders, our plants)
A key global player in fermentation for more than a century, Lesaffre, with a 2,2 billion euro turnover, and established on all continents, counts 11,000 employees and more than 90 nationalities. On the strength of this experience and diversity, we work with customers, partners and researchers to find ever more relevant answers to the needs of food, health, naturalness and respect for our environment. Thus, every day, we explore and reveal the infinite potential of microorganisms.
To nourish 9 billion people, in a healthy way, in 2050 by making the most of our planet’s resources is a major and unprecedented issue. We believe that fermentation is one of the most promising answers to this challenge.
Lesaffre – Working together to better nourish and protect the planet