- Human care
- Marcq-en-Barœul, France
- Contract type
- Permanent Contract
- 10+ years
- Within the Research & Applications Direction of the Business Unit Gnosis by Lesaffre;
- Report to the Applications & Portfolio Management Team Leader;
- Manage a team (Substantiation & Applications) including remote management.
Within the Research & Applications Department of the Business Unit GNOSIS BY LESAFFRE, you will be the manager of the Substantiation & Applications team.
This team is responsible for the assessment and substantiation of the efficacy and safety of every ingredients of the commercial range and innovation pipeline of Gnosis by Lesaffre. This assessment includes design, set-up and follow-up of preclinical and clinical trials. The team is also highly involved in the valorisation of the scientific results through oral and written communications.
The Substantiation & Applications team is working very closely with the Market Managers, providing support to develop promotional materials and answer customers’ requests. An equivalent support is brought to Regulatory Affairs Specialists to complete market access and claims dossiers.
Finally, collaborators of the team are project managers, thus coordinating every aspects of the development of new products as well as multidisciplinary project teams.
As the leader of this team, you will need to join operational and managerial responsibilities.
- Lead and manage the team including remotely;
- Handle a clear and regular reporting;
- Handle the budget for the activities and projects of its team;
- Design, set-up and coordinate clinical studies;
- Write reports, publishes and present efficacy or safety results internally or externally;
- Take part in the translation of scientific data in marketing messages within multidisciplinary teams;
- Bring scientific support to regulatory affairs, marketing and sales departments;
- Feed the innovation pipeline in link with its field of expertise and promote new ideas;
- Update the teams with recent knowledge in your field of expertise (ie. Clinical studies, alternative designs (adaptive studies, post-marketing studies), predictive methods, digital approach…
With a high-level scientific background (MSc or PhD) and at least 10 years’ experience in clinical study management and team management in an international environment, you are ideally coming from a food, pharma or biotech company or a private CRO.
- Able to drive people and performance, to motivate teams, promoting team spirit and encouraging initiatives;
- Able to undertake proactive and responsive actions, to make decisions and assume its responsibilities;
- Open to change, new ideas;
- Customer-oriented, ensuring top quality service, stable, open-minded;
- Scientific expertise;
- Deductive skills, ability to summarize;
- Show transparency and group spirit.
Fluent in English and French both in writing and orally. Position based in Marcq-en-Baroeul (59700) with regular travel mainly to Italy.
Gnosis by Lesaffre, a business unit of Lesaffre, is a world expert in yeast, bacteria and pure molecules from fermentation, dedicated to human health and nutrition.
Founded in 1989 under the name of “Gnosis”, a technical term used throughout Greek philosophy to define “experience knowledge” in contrast to “theoretical knowledge”, Gnosis products are the result of long researches and tests.
The company aspires to be a trusted innovation partner for its clients in the pharmaceutical, nutritional and functional food industries.