- Human care
- Shanghai, China
- Contract type
- Fix term contract
- 3 to 5 years
Bring technical support to Customers by replying to technical questions, supporting customer with on-site visits, preparing direction for use of our products in applications, developing tests and experiments to demonstrate product performance
Work with the global innovation team to develop market oriented products for China market. Be in charge of the product development projects assigned by Global Innovation Manager.
Prepare technical brief to develop products from production sites: analyze technical questions, performance issues and customers’ feedback to develop the technical briefs including quality level to be achieved of new products in cooperation with the marketing manager.
Ensure technical communications with the customers such as discussion about specifications or questionnaires
Troubleshooting: investigate product performances issues in cooperation with customers and lab resources to provide recommendations or develop new products
Train and support Business Managers: explain applications, teach on our product performance vs. competition, develop technical arguments as selling points,
Act as the main point of contact between business, production and quality department
Develop technical and scientific cooperation with Chinese universities to investigate our product performance in application vs. competition, solve customers’ issues and develop new applications.
Contribute to marketing documentation, specifically for the Chinese market (regulatory environment, customer’s communication, specific competition….)
· Master Degree in Microbiology / Biochemical Engineering / Biotechnology / analytical plus a minimum of 5 years successful in R&D, Fermentation Manager or Quality Assurance in the area of industrial Biotechnology preferably from the Bio-ingredients field (Hyaluronic acid, amino acids, enzymes production).
Skills & Competencies :
· Be a good team player, ability to build strong relationship with other internal department (Quality, R&D, operations, both in China and corporate worldwide)
· Good communication skills in particular ability to explain scientific subjects in a simple and synthetic way, ability to connect with people (establish trust and credibility)
· Good scientific skills in particular mathematics / statistical, uses experience to complement data
· Reasoning ability: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, Ability to interpret variety of technical instructions, scientific literature and data from diverse origins
· Project Management skills including ability to be a project manager internally and externally
· Curious and eager to learn and investigate new things, generates suggestions for improvements
· Self-motivated, and organized: ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently.
· Significant travel, 30% to 40%, within China (mainly visits to production sites, to customers and to universities and institutes). In addition, some international visits (Europe, Asia) shall be anticipated.
· Chinese/Mandarin (mother tongue) and fluent (speaking, reading and writing) in English
· Good knowledge in computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, CRM tools)
Procelys aims to support the biotechnology industry by providing nutrients and expertise to improve growth and productivity of microorganisms and cell culture.
This Lesaffre’s Business Unit develops a wide range of specific products designed for Biopharma, Food & Feed Bioingredients, Food cultures & Probiotics, Renewable Chemicals and Biocontrol industries. Strengthened by being a part of Lesaffre and drawing upon its expertise worldwide, Procelys fosters a strong proximity with its customers.