- Fermentation nutrients
- Shanghai, China
- Contract type
- Fix term contract
- 3 to 5 years
- Bring technical support to Customers by replying to technical questions, supporting customer with on-site visits, preparing direction for use of our products in applications, developing tests and experiments to demonstrate product performance
- Work with the global innovation team to develop market oriented products for China market. Be in charge of the product development projects assigned by Global Innovation Manager.
- Prepare technical brief to develop products from production sites: analyze technical questions, performance issues and customers’ feedback to develop the technical briefs including quality level to be achieved of new products in cooperation with the marketing manager.
- Ensure technical communications with the customers such as discussion about specifications or questionnaires
- Troubleshooting: investigate product performances issues in cooperation with customers and lab resources to provide recommendations or develop new products
- Train and support Business Managers: explain applications, teach on our product performance vs. competition, develop technical arguments as selling points,
- Act as the main point of contact between business, production and quality department
- Develop technical and scientific cooperation with Chinese universities to investigate our product performance in application vs. competition, solve customers’ issues.
- Contribute to marketing documentation, specifically for the Chinese market (regulatory environment, customer’s communication, specific competition….)
- Contribute to a technical competitor database based on market knowledge, which you keep constantly updated.
- Serve as the reference for the global Procelys Team as industry expert for Bio-ingredients (e.g. Hyaluronic Acid, Amino Acids, enzymes)
- Contribute to BU wide technical business development for specific applications domains
- PhD or Master Degree in Microbiology / Biochemical Engineering / Biotechnology / analytical plus a minimum of 5 years successful in R&D, Fermentation Manager or Pilot/Operations Manager in the area of industrial Biotechnology preferably from the Bio-ingredients field (Hyaluronic acid, amino acids, enzymes production)
- Be a good team player, ability to build strong relationship with other internal department (Quality, R&D, operations, both in China and corporate worldwide)
- Good communication skills in particular ability to explain scientific subjects in a simple and synthetic way, ability to connect with people (establish trust and credibility)
- Good scientific skills in particular mathematics / statistical, uses experience to complement data
- Reasoning ability: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, Ability to interpret variety of technical instructions, scientific literature and data from diverse origins
- Project Management skills including ability to be a project manager internally and externally
- Curious and eager to learn and investigate new things, generates suggestions for improvements
- Self-motivated, and organized: ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently.
Lesaffre group was founded in 1853, a 166-year-old French group based in Northern France has now become a multi-national and a multicultural company that is committed to providing the best in each of its business areas: baking, nutrition and health, flavours and fermentation.
Lesaffre started its business in China over 30 years ago. Beyond yeast and bread improvers, Lesaffre offers a full range of products and services related to nutrition and health: yeast extracts for food savory and high performance nutrients for micro-organism and cell cultures, yeasts and other probiotics for human and animal nutrition, crop protection, yeasts for beer, wines, and renewable fuels, etc.
In 2010, Lesaffre Management (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. was set up to manage Lesaffre’s business in China, from human resources, sales& marketing, to finance and operation management.
China headquarter： based in Shanghai, managing all Lesaffre business in China
5 regional sales offices： Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shenyang and Hong Kong, managing business, implementing marketing initiatives and providing sales services to our customers in China, Hong Kong & Taiwan
4 baking centers： in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong, providing R&D and technical support, training and technical services to our customers.
5 modernized plants: Anhui Mingguang, Guangxi Laibin, Guangxi Chongzuo.
For more information about our company, please visit our website: http://www.lesaffre.com.cn