- Cedar Rapids, United States
- Contract type
This key technical position will provide support to the LYC Pilot Lab based in Cedar Rapids.
Your main assignment will be:
- Conduct specific studies (pilot scale fermentation as well as downstream processes) to help continuous manufacturing improvement and/or production process optimization for the plants.
- Develop new protocols/technologies
- Participate in troubleshooting production process issues as required.
- Gain valuable fermentation process knowledge, both internally and at other locations, to better equip yourself for accomplishing duties and responsibilities listed above.
This position will receive work direction or assignments from the Pilot Lab Manager but may also be given work direction from other management personnel as required by company needs.
Other duties may be assigned depending upon operational needs
You are the ideal candidate if you are graduated in Biotechnology or Chemistry Engineering, a first relevant experience will be appreciated
- Technical skills:
- reasoning ability: define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- troubleshooting skills
- write detailed technical reports
- computer proficiency required
- fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Soft skills:
- Versatility (ability to support the team)
As a global key player in yeasts and fermentation, Lesaffre designs, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for Baking, Food taste & pleasure, Health care and Biotechnology.
Family group born in northern France in 1853, now a multi-national and a multicultural company, Lesaffre is committed to working with confidence to better nourish and protect the planet.
In close collaboration with its clients and partners, Lesaffre employs 10 700 people in nearly 80 subsidiaries based in +50 countries.
Lesaffre achieves a turnover of 2.2 billion euros.